Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Green Sea of the Amazon [Chapter One, Part Two: the Village]


We had stopped for half an hour walk straight, and we seemed to have little side trip, but still something in the same direction at the camp or lodge; Avelino we wanted to present the main village, which looked also be clairvoyant, but if I have it wrong, however, he welcomed us and Rosa spoke with him in Spanish. He gave us a tour of the village, then I asked Rosa, "Tell him I want to take his picture, " and asked the chief.

"Because," he said, "that my whole body, ghosts, evil spirits were up to me and want a chance to attack me, to open a window for them, and I did it convinced the picture will be a whole, had pilloried the camera and how he could see right away, and he was happy about that.

"Do you think they will let me hit that six-foot blow gun?" I asked Avelino.

"Sure, " he said, and went on foot or two, to where he was head, and said something to him, and brought me back to the atomizer. I steadied it with my two hands, and blew a dart with all my might and breath, he went about three feet, that's it. Then chief looked at me, trying to keep her laughing, it was blowing and he was gone I bet twenty feet. I laughed at the older man, I was too embarrassed to try it again. I had stopped smoking fifteen years before this event, but it did not do much good for the air capacity in my lungs, so I learned.

Then we sat on a large outdoor enclosure, and talked with us, said something in Spanish to my wife: it was an invitation to stay the night in the village, if we so wished, but I declined the offer, then Rosa he asked something about my disease, multiple sclerosis, and he asked questions about the symptoms: "In the morning," he said, "come back here in the morning, I have some of the tree sap will drain tonight, it will cure his illness ."

Rosa translated by me (what he said): It is said that the main neurological problem, I was dropping things and got tired quickly, and my vision was a semi-danger half the time, and I got tired often, and I needed to sleep a long time, so on and so forth and so on, and it was what I was unstable: all true I guess. I added that it would cost ten o'clock soles, or about $ 3.5. I assured him I would try and get back in the morning for a bottle, and Rosa smiled at him and we said our goodbyes, but they drank some coconut juice before we began our journey in the dark, and now our guide , pulling out the lamp, said he did need to say: "I think that I am glad you brought it with him," did not look at me when he said that, I just pulled him out of his back pocket, like John Wayne to the cowboy movies pull a gun around his hip and went straight to flash.

to get back in the morning - whatever it was - had a major matter for us, and I've used it for several months, and it did not seem to stop progression of MS, rather than treat it, but it slow , and we stabilize for a moment, I might have to go there for more, I thought, after my return home. And after he left, it's worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment